Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Dosa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dosa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. At the end of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthful as possible.
Consider the stairs. Instead of selecting the elevator, ascend the stairs to your floor. This isn’t as effortless to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, utilizing the stairs is a excellent way to get some extra exercise. Even if your office or home is on one of the highest floors, you can decide to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the remainder of the way. Most people will decide to be sluggish and take an elevator instead of choosing exercise on the stairs. That just one flight of stairs—when taken a few times a day—can be just the added boost that your system needs.
There are many things you can do to become healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your health levels. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to dosa recipe. To make dosa you only need 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dosa:
- Provide 1 cup urad daal (split, skinless black gram)
- Take 3 cups rice
- Get 3/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- Provide to taste Salt
- Take as needed Vegetable / canola / sunflower cooking oil
Instructions to make Dosa:
- Steps to Make It: - Gather the ingredients.Wash the rice and urad daal well. Add the fenugreek seeds to the mix and fill enough water in the rice-daal bowl to cover them about 2-inch deep. Soak overnight.
- Next morning, drain all the water from the rice and urad daal. Now put some in a food processor and grind - adding very little water if necessary - to a smooth yet slightly grainy paste.When all the rice-daal mix is ground like this, put it into a large mixing bowl and add enough water to make a batter. The consistency of the batter should be such that it thickly coats a spoon dipped in it.
- Now add salt to taste and keep the dosa batter aside in a warm, dark spot, covered, for 6 to 8 hours. After this fermentation, stir the batter well. It is now ready to make dosas.Put some cooking oil in a small bowl and keep ready. You will also need a bowl of ice cold water, a large, flat nonstick pan, 2 sheets of paper towel, a ladle, a spatula, and a basting brush.
- Fold one sheet of paper towel into a wad and dip lightly into the bowl of cooking oil. Squeeze out any excess and then rub the paper towel all over the surface of the pan to grease. The correct amount of oil is such that it is barely visible in the pan. Now turn on the heat/ flame at medium high.Fill the ladle up to the 3/4 level with dosa batter. Gently pour this batter onto the center of the pan - just as you would for a pancake - till the ladle is empty.
- Now begin to spread the batter in sweeping circular motions to form a pancake of roughly 8-inch diameter. Do not be alarmed if the dosa develops tiny holes as you spread the batter. This is normal. As soon as you have finished spreading the batter out on the pan, dip the basting brush in cooking oil and drizzle the oil all over the surface of the dosa and also around it's edges. Now hold the pan by it's handle, lift up and swirl it so as to make the drizzled oil spread all over the dosa.
- When the upper surface begins to look cooked (it will no longer look soft or runny), flip the dosa. By this time, ideally, the surface that was underneath should be light golden in colour. Cook for 1 minute after flipping.
- The dosa is almost done. Fold it in half and allow to cook for 30 seconds more.Before you start making the next dosa, fold another sheet of paper towel into a wad and dip it in ice cold water. Squeeze the wad to remove excess water and then rub it all over the surface of the pan to cool it slightly. This ensures your next dosa will spread evenly and not break because the pan is too hot. Now proceed as you did for the last dosa.
- Serve the ready dosa with side dishes like South Indian coconut chutney, South Indian gunpowder chutney, and sambar.
If you find this Dosa recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.